Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How do you Install OpenCL™ Runtime for Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® Processors

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    20

    Question How do you Install OpenCL™ Runtime for Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® Processors

    Hello guys

    (Knoppix 8.1 with 20 Gig persistence -- Running in 64 bit)

    I installed "Hashcat" normally, & saw nothing out of the ordinary while installing, until I tried to run HashCat, & got a message in response saying:

    Code:
    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# hashcat -a 3  -D 1 -m 2500 /hashcat-4.1.0/HASH.hccapx ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a
    hashcat (v4.1.0) starting...
    
    Cannot find an OpenCL ICD loader library.
    
    You are probably missing the native OpenCL runtime or driver for your platform.
    
    * AMD GPUs on Linux require this runtime and/or driver:
      "RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm)" Software Platform (1.6.180 or later)
    * Intel CPUs require this runtime and/or driver:
      "OpenCL Runtime for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors" (16.1.1 or later)
    * Intel GPUs on Linux require this runtime and/or driver:
      "OpenCL 2.0 GPU Driver Package for Linux" (2.0 or later)
    * NVIDIA GPUs require this runtime and/or driver:
      "NVIDIA Driver" (367.x or later)
    
    Started: Wed May 23 15:36:54 2018
    Stopped: Wed May 23 15:36:54 2018
    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# 
    I have an old AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card installed, & also an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU.
    I'm not sure how to go about installing the Drivers to activate OpenCL functionality.

    I went to AMD's, & Intel's website, & read up a little on the issue, & they are saying that I need to install OpenCL Runtime for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors for the CPU... also RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm) for the AMD GPU.

    Right now, I only want the CPU to work (Just to have something working), but if possible, both CPU, & GPU would be awesome if they both began working.


    Here's the link to the Intel Core 2 Duo CPU drivers:

    OpenCL™ Drivers and Runtimes for Intel® Architecture

    Hashcat says it has to be version 6.1.1 or Later.

    I scrolled down Intel's Driver page, but have no idea which one of the downloads is the right one to get for Knoppix. They have:

    Windows
    SLES
    Linux
    Red Hat
    Ubuntu

    I downloaded Ubuntu's version, & extracted it, but saw a bunch of .rpm files, & I have no idea how to install those, so now I'm here wondering if you guys have an easy fix.

    Thanks in advance guys... i'm patiently staring at the screen, waiting for your awesome replies.
    Last edited by DTeCH; 05-23-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceiver x3 Tested Clean picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceiver x3 Tested Clean

$40.00



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99